Practicalities for the USI community

Grants for internship abroad

To promote international placement Swiss Confederation and the Career Service provide scholarships for an internship abroad.

The principal requirements for the award of the scholarships are:

  • To be enrolled in one of USI Master or Bachelor programmes when requesting the scholarship 

  • To carry out a full-time internship for a minimum of 2 months.

  • Reside in a country other than the one in which the internship takes place

  • NEW Green Travel top up: students travelling by a low-emissions means of transport (such as bus or train) will get a forfait of CHF 100 for the expenses (proof is requirend and funds are limited).

 

Please Remember that:

  • The funding period is from 1 June 2021 to 31 July 2023 (until funds run out)

  • A new funding period begins each year

  • 80% of the funding is awarded at the beginning of the internship and the remaining 20% ​​at the end of the internship (you should send the final documents within 30 days after the end of your internship)

  • Monthly grant: CHF 440 for internship in Europe - CHF 500 for internship worldwide 

  • Scholarships can be used up to 12 months after graduation (but the application should be made when you are still enrolled at USI)

  • In the event of interruption or cancellation of the internship, the grant must be returned to USI.

 

Expand All

  • Borse SEMP

    The SEMP program (Swiss-European Mobility Program) is funded by the Swiss Confederation and allows you to receive funding for internships held in one of countries participating in the SEMP Programme (former Erasmus+), which you can find here: Countries for internship abroad.
    Starting from the a.y. 2021-2022, there will be a limited number of grants for internship abroad worldwide (outside EU).

    For further information, please check the Movetia website.

     

    Application requirements and rules:

    • The request for the scholarship must be submitted before the start of the internship, by filling out registration form online
    • The duration of the internship must not exceed 12 months
    • Flat-rate amounts for students according to the actual duration of the traineeship (start date - end date of the internship)
    • A "proof" of the stay abroad will be required (eg. copy of the rent)
  • Borse BIP

    At the moment the BIP scholarships are suspended!

     

    To carry out an internship in a non-EU country other than Switzerland, it is possible to benefit from the BIP (Career Service scholarships for international placement) provided by the Careers Service.
    The awarding of the scholarship will depend on available funds on the "first come - first served" basis; no merit-based selection will be made.

     

    Requirements and rules for the application:

    • Regardless of the total duration of the internship, the scholarship will cover up to 6 months
    • The request for the scholarship must be submitted before the start of the internship, by filling out online registration form;
    • Complete and sign the Contract issued by the Career Service.
    • At the end of the internship it is necessary to hand in copy of the internship certificate issued by the empoloyer to the Career Service and fill out the final report

     

    We inform you that:

    • To be eligible for the scholarship, it is necessary to authorize the publication of your internship report on the web pages managed by the Career Service
    • The grant application will be confirmed only once the necessary documentation has been completed.

Faculties

Targets

Tags

Updated on: 03 August 2021