COVID-19 Protection provisions
- PhD Candidates
- Lugano Campus
- Mendrisio Campus
- Tools and resources
GENERAL SHIFT TO ONLINE TEACHING
The spring semester 2021 will also be a little out of the ordinary.
USI on the one hand, values in presence learning and university life, on the other hand, it has indeed been successful at organising online courses, taking advantage of opportunities and ensuring a flexible and continuous learning experience.
In defining modalities, USI has been inspired and will continue to be inspired by the four principles that have guided the University in recent months: protecting the academic community; seeking solutions that give continuity to the institution, contributing to the stability of the social fabric; ensuring the educational offer even in such difficult and volatile times; complying with the decisions of the competent public authorities.
USI has therefore decided that:
As a result of the measures decided by the Federal Council on 13 January 2021, the training activities for the spring semester will start online, in accordance with these principles:
SOME GENERAL PRINCIPLES
1. Information and communication with students is fundamental:
2. Consider carefully the workload required of students for online activities: make a realistic estimate of the time required for students to carry out the online activities you propose, ensuring that it is adequate to the course ECTS.
3. Respect the class schedule: if you give a live video lecture, schedule it according to the schedule published at the beginning of the semester.
4. Differentiate as much as possible the online activities you propose: for online weeks, we suggest diversifying the teaching methods and activities, also carrying out activities that encourage the active participation of the students.
The iCorsi platform is the reference point for everyone, where sharing and keeping up to date is safe and acknowledged, allowing thus to always keep the whole class together.
In particular, it is recommended to:
To start the new semester…
POSSIBLE TEACHING STRATEGIES FOR SYNCHRONOUS AND ASYNCHRONOUS ONLINE LESSONS
1. Broadcast the lesson live via MsTeams:
2. Record the audio and/or video of the lecture:
3. Assign activities to be carried out remotely:
USER GUIDES AND FAQ
DO YOU NEED MORE INFORMATION?
On iCorsi, in the "#USIeLearning" section, which is always updated, you can find more information and some examples on the application of these strategies and the use of the tools proposed in these pages: https://www.icorsi.ch/course/view.php?id=9050
eLab staff members can be contacted for personalised assistance, either for training or for the use of the technologies:
Some useful suggestions from the Pro-Rector for Education and Students' Experience Lorenzo Cantoni for effective distance learning.
Distance learning is a fascinating and exicting challenge, which can require specific skills and talent.
Distance learning means: